Easter is just a week away, and many of us will be having family get-togethers and grill outs. With summer being just around the corner, you may want to keep things light to get ready for the season. Many people will be bringing jellybeans, chocolate eggs, and all sorts of unhealthy foods to these get-togethers. However, you can still have those fresh flavors of spring without packing on the sugar or even spending a lot of money. Choose from the options below and your dish will be the hit of the party! (click each Item’s Name for the recipe, even healthier substitutions are listed under each item name)
Breakfast and Brunch:
4.) Egg Muffins
– Replace skim milk with almond milk
Lunch and Sides:
– Great for dipping pita bread into!
– Skip the agave nectar (which sweetens the dish) because the fruit is already sweet enough!
Desserts and Drinks
1.) Iced Tea Slushie
– Skip out on the corn syrup and use fresh lemon juice to make this a cleaner iced tea slushie.
– If you sweeten this, use agave nectar (found in the sugar/syrup aisle) instead of sugar