No joke: Body image is a seriously important topic to talk about, for both women and men. Those two small words carry a lot of weight, and the way you perceive your body can have an enormous ripple effect across other areas of your life, from your health, to your relationships, your friendships, your career, and your family.
So we’re excited to announce that April is Body Image Month at Strong is Our Sexy! We’ve got some excellent, thought-provoking, uplifting, #realtalk things lined up for you this month, including topics such as:
- How we talk to each other about our bodies
- The pressures both women and men face to look a certain way
- Personal essays from women discussing their own journeys
- A guest post from a professional burlesque dancer
- and a super fun video or two! (but shhh…that’s a surprise)
We are so much more than our bodies, but that said, our bodies are also with us literally every moment of our lives, and that does affect our identities – let alone all the advertising messages, cultural standards, expectations, and straight-up shame that just add weight to an already weighty issue.
So, let’s talk about it. Get it all out in the open. Expose, and be exposed. Share. Reflect. Heal.